ACR STOPS - All participants are safely back in Sisimiut
According to police it right now blows with the worst wind called PHASE 3 in the back country, where ACR 160 km would otherwise have been running now. This means chill factor of more than minus 40 degrees Celsius.
The decision to cancel the race was taken by a unanimous ACR committee at 7:30 this morning.
ACR has lost much equipment with torn tents, but the total extent of the damage is still unknown.
ACR Presse service in the coming days update with interviews, photo and story of the last days, where we have been without internet - and later evacuation.
Furthermore, we will of course show the final medal ceremony because of the weather first will be held tomorrow evening.
Please contact us if you need further information:
Arctic Circle Race Secretariat
Phone: +299 86 68 30