Greenlandic Ironman at ACR
© Aqqalu Augustussen / Navagiak Photography
Greenland's first Ironman in Hawaii now participating in Arctic Circle Race 2016
In autumn 2015 Jens Bjerge participated at the World Championship Ironman in Hawaii as the first greenlander ever. Now in April 2016, he is in the Arctic Circle Race in Sisimiut in Greenland.
- It was some friends who suggested it. A major challenge when I've never been on cross-country skis before, but most tour ski.
- I have maintained my bike race as I usually do, but have only trained three times on cross-country skis, before I came here.
- I have started at a slow pace. I'm here with two friends. So we ran together on the first day of approximately 6.5 hours.
- Day 2 went super well under 5 hours. It is awesome. I am learning how I get faster on skis, he smiles.
Want to be back
- I will definitely try again. It's fun to be part of ACR. Everything is perfect.
- I've always heard that ACR is a super event. But I did not expect that it was so well organized.
- ACR is specifically because you have time to talk with old and new friends.
- If I do not crash or break something, I Complete the race. I have never given up anything, a happy Jens Bjerge ends.
Please contact us if you need further information:
Arctic Circle Race Secretariat
Phone: +299 86 68 30